Sig Sauer Tango 4 6-24x50
  • Customer

Sig Sauer Tango 4 6-24x50

by Customer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 pm

I have purchased a Sig Sauer Tango 4 6-24x50 scope about 3 months ago.

I was about to take it to the range for the first time to sight it in to my Ruger Precision but then I discovered that the reticle seems to twist slightly when zooming in and out.
    For hopefully better understanding i made a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYK9orKD2bk

For a precision instrument worth €1100+ this is useless for my long range shooting and I hope we can find a solution here.

For your information: I thought I would purchase a quality product so I decided to paint it in OD green fitting to my rifle. All mechanical parts were covered and did not affect or cause this problem. Like I said I haven't even taken a shot yet and the reticle seems to twist already.
    You can find photos in the attachment.

Im looking forward to hear from you and really hope we can find a solution.
    Gašper

Re: Sig Sauer Tango 4 6-24x50

by Gašper » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 pm

Dear Sir!

Thank you for contacting us!

It is nothing wrong with your scope but unfortunately is normal for all FFP riflescopes to show this phenomenon.

When you change the direction the direction of the travel of the magnification ring the whole image together with the reticle moves a little bit. This is due to a fact that position of the lens in the erector changes slightly when you're moving the magnification ring. This, however, doesn't influence the point of an impact since the whole image together with the reticle moves.

FFP reticles are located in the front of the turrets so there is no chance of a reticle movement without the whole picture moving if you are changing the magnification setting. The same phenomenon can be observed in a much more expensive rifle scopes, you can see this in Schmidt & Bender high power. This is most notable when you move magnification ring in one direction and then change and start rotating it in other direction. This is completely normal for FFP scopes and doesn't affect accuracy.

Thank you for understanding.